Malama Adult Day Care offers activities tailored to meet the needs and abilities of individuals and to accommodate their health condition. Professionally trained personnel supervise the activities at all times.
- Physical activities: Yoga, fine motor and gross motor exercises, tai chi, range of motion
- Educational and mental health activities: Word and number games, trivia questions, and much more to stimulate the minds of our clients
- Recreational activities: Indoor golf with a putting green, card games, bingo, arts and crafts, bowling and more
- Entertainment: Occasional field trips and entertainment from volunteers who bring cultural and musical performances for our clients
- Free Wi-Fi for clients who want internet access or to catch up with family and friends via email
- Choice of two healthy meals each day (breakfast and lunch or lunch and dinner); a third meal is available at a nominal charge. The meals are provided by our sister organization, Oahu Care Facility, which is adjacent to Malama Adult Day Care. Special diets may be accommodated.
- Snacks served mid-morning and mid-afternoon
- Initial and periodic health assessment, evaluation and consultation
- Health-status observation and condition monitoring, as needed
- First-aid treatment and/or cardio-pulmonary resuscitation (CPR) in the event of medical emergencies
- Showers (based on availability of Program Assistants who are qualified as Certified Nurses Aides)
- Referral to social agencies for counseling, Medicaid application assistance, and psychiatric counseling for interpersonal, behavioral or family-related issues