Malama Adult Day Care is open to all older adults who could benefit from adult day care.
Prospective clients and their family or caregivers are encouraged to visit our Facility and to meet with our staff. Please click on Admissions tab for more details.
We observe the following federal and state holidays:
- New Year’s Day
- President’s Day
- Kuhio Day
- Memorial Day
- Kamehameha Day
- Independence Day (Fourth of July)
- Labor Day
- Thanksgiving Day
- Christmas Day
Malama Adult Day Care is not able to serve and safely accommodate those with the following conditions:
- Those who are wheelchair-bound and unable to propel and independently transfer from and to their wheelchair
- Persons who are severely disabled or bed bound
- Persons with an infection, disease or sub-acute illness
- Those with unmanageable psychiatric or behavioral conditions or disorder
- Those who may pose a safety risk to themselves or other clients
In the event an emergency, our professionally trained team will take the following steps:
- Immediate first aid
- Call an ambulance if the emergency requires assistance
- Contact the family/responsible party of the client
- Contact the physician, if the family contact or caregiver cannot be reached
Make-up days are offered if a family member notifies Malama Adult Day Care prior to the planned absence, preferably by the close-of-business the day before. Depending upon scheduling and capacity, the make-up days may be used within the same month to avoid additional charges.
Yes, we do offer discounted rates to those who attend more frequently. The following rates may be subject to change. We will notify clients of price changes 30 days in advance. Prices do not include applicable tax.
Application fee (non-refundable): $50
Daily rate (includes 2 meals): $65
Package 1 (5 days a week/4 weeks): $1,100 (discounted to $55/day)
Package 2 (4 days a week/4 weeks): $928 (discounted to $58/day)
Package 3 (3 days a week/4 weeks): $720 (discounted to $60/day)
Late Pick-Up Fee (past 6:30 pm): $1 per minute
Half-Day Rate (includes 1 meal): $40
No, the family is expected to make arrangements for door-to-door transportation to and from Malama Adult Day Care.
No, we do not administer medications. Whenever possible, medications should be dispensed by the family or caregiver prior to coming to Malama Adult Day Care. Medications will be dispensed and self-administered by the client.
Medications may be stored in their original container with the client’s name, physician’s name, type of medication, dose, time to be dispensed, and expiration date. This will be stored in a locked cabinet and given back to a family member or caregiver when the client leaves.